ADR Education helps First Nations build capacity. We seek cultural guidance from the groups we work with. By doing so, we make sure our work is responsive and relevant. ADR Education is aware of the unique challenges faced by many First Nation communities.
We believe First Nations will benefit from our expertise in the following areas:
- Negotiation Support – helping develop negotiation skills and strategies
- Dispute Resolution Protocols – developing agreements to reduce conflict and solve problems between First Nations
- Mediation and Facilitation – providing assistance to resolve disputes between and within First Nation communities, and other levels of government and industry
- Community Consultation – designing ways to learn about community interests to support work on governance, land and resources planning and Nation building
- Learning and Development – delivering specialized training courses to meet the needs of the First Nation
Our Firm has extensive experience working in the British Columbia treaty process. We design programs for community groups, leadership councils, Band Administration and governing bodies. We train First Nation facilitators, mediators and negotiators across the country. Improved negotiation capacity is a vital skill-set for First Nations. ADR Education is committed to helping build that skill-set.
The presenter showed skill in weaving between theory and practice... from theoretical examples to sensitive hot topics.
ADR's approach is exceptional. They are able to take a complex subject and distill it into digestible components
Teaching methods are fantastic!
The team was effective. Our case was set for a two week trial but was mediated in one day!
I've seen a lot of manuals for this kind of thing in my time, and this one is by far the best.
Very accomplished presenters excited about what they are teaching...easy to be with and very approachable.
Excellent facilitating. Keeping on track, taking control at the appropriate times.
For our staff to see how the skills can be used specifically in their work makes them take notice.
Your ability to customize the course so it was directly relevant to the work we do made it all the more useful.